- The nice man in the van with a puppy and a candy, seemed so excited to give me a ride home when I told him my lil brother was there alone waiting for me. I’d feel bad about lying to him, but my family told me to bring home dinner, and those types of humans are so easy to catch.
- Finally to his car he drove away as fast as he could. When he felt safe enough to breathe, a voice from the backseat said, “Leaving so soon?”
- You get home, tired after a long day’s work and ready for a relaxing night alone. You reach for the light switch, but another hand is already there.
- I challenged a portrait in my friend’s house to a staring contest. I won.
- While tidying my laboratory, I came across an unfamiliar notebook and opened the first page. “Warning: The subject still thinks he is the scientist.”
- There’s nothing like the laughter of a baby. Unless it’s 1 AM and you’re home alone.
- I used to sleep with my fan on every night. Now that I lost power I can hear the soft breathing coming from underneath my bed.
- There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping. I live alone.